About UsWe are a group of people of all ages holding professional careers in many different areas but all with a common mission, in voluntarily helping animals.
Copyright © 2011 – 2017
All Rights Reserved
Search this site
Aanifeira WebsitePortuguese Aanifeira website
Visit Aanifeira International on Facebook
About the author
Apart from having a full time job, my main enjoyment lies in supporting Aanifeira as a volunteer in many ways one of which includes creating/posting and updating this blog.
How to contact usFor further information on international cooperation on animal rescue, funding, international volunteer opportunities write to this email address: international at aanifeira dot pt (using the usual symbols of course). For local enquiries in Portugal contact us at: (+351) 256106323 or aanifeira at aanifeira dot pt (using the usual symbols of course).
- So beautiful is Jessica - anyone to adopt? Jessica will be forever grateful! :) twitter.com/dodo/status/90… 1 month ago
- It was our pleasure to receive Dr. José Faria in July for his visit! Thank you for your visit. twitter.com/EUdogsandcats/… 1 month ago
- Inspiring @KarmaTube Video: An Act of Dog shar.es/1THDYy 3 months ago
- Petition | Live dog set on fire and cooked for its meat in China! dailypetition.com/Live-dog-set-o… 3 months ago
- RT @BBCPhilipSim: MSPs will vote on ending outright ban on puppy tail docking this afternoon; appears there'll be a bit of debate too, desp… 4 months ago
- 110,605 hits
Category Archives: Special Stories
Everyone will remember Shine who was rescued from the local dog pound with nine puppies in tow by Victor (Aanifeira’s President) when he dropped past there and saw her in a miserable state (click here to see story), well just look at her … Continue reading
We’d like you to meet Lucas. He was found by an Aanifeira member, abandoned on the street close by to the shelter at the end of July. The member immediately brought him into the clinic for treatment. Vet Joana was on duty … Continue reading
Around seven years ago or so, a mother dog with two female pups were abandoned at the gates of Aanifeira. The bitch was in a terrible state of emaciation and could barely stand. Her two tiny pups were also thin … Continue reading
The legacy of a no-kill shelter such as Aanifeira is that after a large number of animals have been adopted, sadly only the difficult natured ones are left over. In 2006 close to 800 dogs lived within the Aanifeira shelter … Continue reading
Today at Aanifeira, I shared a very special experience with our two vets Claudia and Joana in SAVING LIVES. A black and white female cat had turned up as a kitten in a factory several months ago and everyone thought it would be … Continue reading