About UsWe are a group of people of all ages holding professional careers in many different areas but all with a common mission, in voluntarily helping animals.
Copyright © 2011 – 2017
All Rights Reserved
Search this site
Aanifeira WebsitePortuguese Aanifeira website
Visit Aanifeira International on Facebook
About the author
Apart from having a full time job, my main enjoyment lies in supporting Aanifeira as a volunteer in many ways one of which includes creating/posting and updating this blog.
How to contact usFor further information on international cooperation on animal rescue, funding, international volunteer opportunities write to this email address: international at aanifeira dot pt (using the usual symbols of course). For local enquiries in Portugal contact us at: (+351) 256106323 or aanifeira at aanifeira dot pt (using the usual symbols of course).
- So beautiful is Jessica - anyone to adopt? Jessica will be forever grateful! :) twitter.com/dodo/status/90… 4 months ago
- It was our pleasure to receive Dr. José Faria in July for his visit! Thank you for your visit. twitter.com/EUdogsandcats/… 4 months ago
- Inspiring @KarmaTube Video: An Act of Dog shar.es/1THDYy 6 months ago
- Petition | Live dog set on fire and cooked for its meat in China! dailypetition.com/Live-dog-set-o… 6 months ago
- RT @BBCPhilipSim: MSPs will vote on ending outright ban on puppy tail docking this afternoon; appears there'll be a bit of debate too, desp… 7 months ago
- 112,705 hits
Category Archives: Portuguese Dog Breeds
RECENT FACEBOOK PLEA by AANIFEIRA Member, SONIA RIBEIRO Blind Podenga bitch, dehydrated, hungry and with serious health problems found lying motionless on main road. This is the moving story of GAIA, a Podenga bitch used relentlessly for hunting and then senselessly discarded … Continue reading
Following our story on Portuguese breeds of dogs and the Podengo breed, I would like to showcase another magnificent breed called the Castro Laboreiro, considered to be one of the oldest breeds in the Iberian Peninsular. Incredibly this breed is … Continue reading